From weather to delays, take a closer look at the number one complaint of travelers this winter.
Whether you are seriously impacted or just annoyed, travel complaints can quickly make any traveler upset. While there are some issues you will simply not be able to avoid, there are some you can and always a way to cope. Take a look at this years top complaint with us as our Island Trader Vacations complaints department reviews tips to help you travel.
Weather – 2014 has been a rough one. Delays, winter storms and arctic temperatures have brought more than one vacation to a screeching halt. While this is certainly a complaint that you can’t control, there are ways to cope for the weather. From back up plans to understanding your refund options and doing what you can to avoid delays, here are a few things to remember when dealing with the weather on your next vacation.
- Leave earlier in the day to avoid delays which may compound
- Look at the number of complaints filed by others regarding delays and choose an airline with fewer complaints
- Know your rights in regard to weather related refunds
For your stay
- Get insurance
- Book with your hotel directly
- Plan alternate itineraries in case of bad weather
- Be flexible
- Pack alternate outfits which can be mixed and matched depending on the weather
- Carry a weather radio with you
- Pay attention to the weather not just at your destination but where you are traveling to
- If driving in the mountains be prepared for sudden weather changes
- Pack an emergency kit and include water, snacks, phone/charger, shovel, kitty litter as well as blankets and warm clothes
- If you find yourself trapped, do not wander away from your car, call for help and stay as warm as possible
What do you do to avoid complaints in regard to weather? Does the weather stop you from traveling or do you find ways around it?
Island Trader Vacations complaints department reviews the tips and news to help you become a more informed traveler. Travel smarter and enjoy travel more with Island Trader Vacations.